Please join the HCWPA in a virtual "tour" of the Brew: Museum of Beer, here in Pittsburgh. The online tour will be on March 16th at 5:30 and
will accommodate between 10-20 participants.
About the Brew: Museum of Beer
We started out with the goal of making the Story of Beer in Pennsylvania a pop-up, interactive museum exhibit in a downtown storefront within the
Cultural District of Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, those plans were derailed by a certain virus. Nevertheless, we wanted to forge ahead with showcasing
the legacy and vibrancy of Pennsylvania beer, from the origins of the Commonwealth to the vibrant craft beer scene in Pennsylvania today.
So, we present this online version of the Story of Beer in Pennsylvania for your edification and enjoyment.
Your group activity includes a guided, interactive tour of this expansive exhibit. We will browse through a timeline of some of the significant events
in PA beer history, from the origins of the Colony through the status of the craft beer scene today and prospects for the future.
The timeline incorporates video clips from notable PA beer historians and brewers.
We will also check out the interactive components of the exhibit, including:
- “Beer Quiz.” This lighthearted quiz touches on information presented through the exhibit, encouraging visitors to delve into all sections of the material covered.
- Interactive Map. The updated app map enables users to find any of the 450+ breweries in Pennsylvania, as well as those under development.
- Made in PA? This activity presents a dozen beers, most with indefinite lineage, and asks, “Is that beer made in PA?” Results and related stories are surprising to the uninitiated.
- Medals. All 201 medals won by Pennsylvania Beers at the Great American Beer Festival in the 21st century are presented in a sortable manner, allowing the user to select and view by year, type of medal, location, or brewery name.
We will reserve time for answering questions and for discussion.
If you would like to have relevant beer(s) on hand for your tour, here are a few of many possible suggestions:
- Straub's 872 Pre-Prohibition Lager
- Yard's Washington's Porter
- Stoudt’s McGillin’s 1860 IPA
- Lancaster Brewing Company Milk Stout
- Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter
Zoom meeting Credentials will be circulated to attendees that RSVP below.
PLEASE RSVP BELOW!!!
5:30PM - 7:00PM Tue 16 Mar 2021 ( Timezone: Eastern )
Virtual Event Instructions: